This page/post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! For more detailed information, please visit our Affiliate Disclaimer page
Benefits of Reading the Bible
The benefits of reading the Bible. While there are numerous ways that reading the Bible brings us closer to God and benefits us daily. Here are a few that I keep close to my heart and serve as reminders for me to stay in the Word on a daily basis:
- Gods word leads us to salvation. It is written in His word that we are saved when we put our hope in Him. Even if you are already a believer, rereading the words reminds us that He gave His only son for us to live in Him.
John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
2. God’s instructions for life are housed in His word. How we treat others. How we should act or react in situations. It’s all in there.
Proverbs 16:20 20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,[a] and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.
3.We gain wisdom from it
Psalms 119:130 The unfolding of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple
4. Scripture releases our chains and lifts our burdens
Psalms 119:28 My soul weeps because of grief; Strengthen me according to Your word.
5. God’s word brings us joy
Psalms 119:111 I have inherited Your testimonies forever, For they
are the joy of my heart.
6. The Bible gives us hope
Romans. 15:4 “Whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”
7. It reminds us of His promises
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began
8. His word enables us to battle and defeat the devil
Ephesians 6:17 “and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
Matthew 4:3-4, “The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
9. Your faith will be strengthened
Romans 10:17 “Faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ
10. You will enjoy a greater fellowship with Him (just as spending time with any friend or family member. Quality time together strengthens friendships and relationships).
1 John 1:3 what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
11. Your prayers will be heard. Praying with and over scripture is incredibly effective and sometimes gives us the words when our own mind and heart fail us.
Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart”
12. You will develop spiritually
Ephesians 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.You may hear the voice of God. Hearing God, in his own voice while reading scripture helps us to discern when He is speaking with us at other times. He communicates with us many ways, especially in scripture.
“For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror” (James 1:23).
13. You will mature in the things of God. Learning more about Him and his commands will help us mature as believers.
Hebrews 5:13,14 “for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.”
14. You will be more prosperous and successful as you learn what He has taught and how to conduct yourself and your business and daily affairs
Psalms 1:2-3 “his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers”
15. You will learn to fear the Lord.
Deuteronomy 17:19 “And it shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the LORD his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes, and doing them.”
What else would you add to the list? What Bible verses remind you of the benefits of reading the Bible?
For more in-depth reading on the benefits of reading the Bible, consider this recommended book:
Have a great day! I’ll be reading the Bible, curled up with my pups and a cup of coffee!
To learn more about my story and my walk with God, check out “my story”