This page/post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! For more detailed information, please visit our Affiliate Disclaimer page
Recently, our Pastor preached about the Royal Priesthood – those who inherit the Kingdom when we become believers. One of the things he said, really resonated with me. Of course, I’ve heard it before, but that day, it really struck home. He said “When they see you do they see Him”? I thought about the times I was short with a cashier who made an error or my husband when he didn’t take care of a chore that he promised to do. I thought about the times that I laughed at other’s expense. I remembered being so busy that I didn’t have time to play with my children or grandchildren.
While I strive to live like Him, I often fall short.
I was reminded of the song Live Like That by the Sidewalk Prophets:
The song is so powerful, but these lines stand out:
I wanna live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to you
Yes, we are human. Yes, we are sinners. Yes, God knows that we will mess up, but I need to strive for more.
I’ve created and printed out the below poster to hang in my office so that I am reminded in all my interactions to Live Like Him. Click on the photo for a downloadable version for you to print as your own daily reminder to live so that others may see Jesus
So what are some practical things that you can do so that others see Jesus in you? Here are a few that I am implementing in my own life:
- Know who Jesus is and what he did. Read the Bible to learn more about him. Acts 20:32 says that the Word of God is able to build you up.
- Love him. Radiate that love with others. Jesus said in John 13:34-35 that people would know us if we had the agape love of God and demonstrate it to the world.
Have the right heart. Proverbs 4:23, “Above all things keep your heart for out of it are the issues of life.” Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all your Heart and rely not on your own understanding.”
- Care for other people. Treat others as you would like to be treated (Golden rule of Jesus in Matthew 7:12); think beyond yourself. Jesus forgave Peter even though Peter betrayed Jesus. Peter betrayed Jesus but Jesus would never betray Peter.
- Be learned and wise. Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and favor with both God and Man (Luke 2:52).
- Be humble. After Jesus washed His disciples feet, He said, “An example I have given you, that you should do likewise (John 13:15).
Deal with your pride and any boastfulness. Phil 2:5 says, “Let this humble mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus”.
Be prepared to say sorry when you get something wrong.
- Be considerate of others in all that you do. I Corinthians 13:4 says that love is always patient and kind. It was also through love that Jesus healed the sick and His desire was that His followers would do the same thing (Matthew 14:14, Matthew 10:7-8)
- Watch your tone of voice, your style of language (don’t curse, blaspheme, etc.). Always speak kindly of others and try to see things from their perspective. Jesus on the Cross said, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
FREE Bible Study Worksheets to Help You Dig Deeper Into His Word
What can you change so that others see Jesus in you?
Want to learn more about how to live like Jesus? Check out these resources below:
Because of Him,
For more ways to live out your faith, see this previous post HERE.