This page/post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! For more detailed information, please visit our Affiliate Disclaimer page
Oh, the women of the Bible! We have scoundrels and harlots. We have unwed mothers and barren women. We have widows and career women. And, throughout each story, we have so much we can learn and apply to our lives today.
The stories may change. The settings may change. But, the promises of God remain true.
Studying women of the Bible, along with symbolism in the Bible, are two of my favorite Bible study topics.
Click on the image below to download a copy of the infographic on women of the Bible.
Let’s look at some of the most prominent women in the Bible and briefly unpack the lessons we can learn from their lives.
Women of The Bible
8 of the remarkable women in the Bible and the life lessons we can take from them - even today.
1. God is Jehovah Jireh and He Always Provides
2. Avoid the comparison trap
3. God puts people in our lives at just the right time
4. God always keeps His promises
5. We Should Bless Others Whenever We Have the Opportunity (and not be selfish)
6. We Should Look for Opportunities To Give Others a Reason to Praise God
7. Remember That God Still Performs Miracles
8. Choose Joy Instead of Jealousy
For more on each of these lessons from one of the most interesting women of the Bible, Elizabeth, click continue reading.
1. Nothing is too difficult for God
2. God always delivers on His promises
3. God's Timing is Always Perfect
4. Patience is a Virtue
5. Infertility is Not a Punishment
6. We All Mess Up and God Doesn't Hold it Against Us
7. Wives Are to Submit to Their Husbands
8. Following God Isn't Always Easy but it is Always Worth It
There are so many lessons we can learn from this remarkable woman of the Bible. Click continue reading to learn more about her life, the lessons we can learn and a timeline of Sarah and her life.
1. Have Courage
2. Be a Good Sibling
3. Thank God for Each and Every Blessing and Trial You Have
4. Be a leader
5. Use Your Gifts for God's Glory
6. Quit complaining
7. Don't Talk Bad About Others
8. Faith is a Blessing For Future Generations
Miriam certainly made some mistakes but, haven't we all? She's right on the leaderboard for important women of the Bible and her story is rich in lessons for us. Click continue to read more about this amazing and interesting woman.
1. Be a Risk Taker
2. God's Grace Will Always Cover Us
3. Who We Were Doesn't Dictate Who We Will Be
4. Beauty On The Inside is More Important Than Beauty on The Outside
5. Doing the Right Thing Means Way More Than Saying the Right Thing
Rahab, one of the most prolific bad girls in the Bible, has an amazing story. She was a prostitute that became an important member of the lineage of Jesus, Himself.
To learn more about Rahab and her story, click continue reading.
1. Be Obedient
2. Stand Courageous
3. Be True in Your Faith
4. Listen Before Speaking
I was sure convicted when reading about this powerful woman of the Bible, Deborah. Especially when it comes to listening before speaking (oops!). To learn more about Deborah and her story, click continue reading.
1. Be Humble
2. Ditch Comparisonitis
3. Jesus is the Kind of Friend We Should All Be
4. Rest is Not Lazy
5. Keep Your Priorities Straight
6. Mind Your Own Business
7. Give it To God
8. Hospitality is For Everyone
9. Stop Worrying
Although, at first glance, Martha may not be among the women of the Bible you'd want to study or emulate, there's so much we can learn from her and her story. To read the full post, click continue reading.
1. God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things
2. Beauty should not make us boastful
3. With God's help, we can step out in faith and fight our fears
4. Our past doesn't dictate our future
5. God places mentors in our life to teach us wisdom
6. Our strength does not come from us
7. God's timing is perfect. Ours is flawed.
8. Loving others is the most beautiful thing we can do
9. We can make an impact for generations to come
Did you know that the Jewish festival of Purim comes from Esther and the story of her courage? She impacted generations to come by her act of bravery. Learn more about this incredible woman of the Bible and the lessons we can learn from her in the post by clicking continue reading.
1. Your Past is Not Your Present or Your Future
2. Have Faith
3. God Loves Everyone.
4. God Views Men and Women Equally in Importance
5. No One is Unimportant to God
6. Character Matters
7. Redemption is For Everyone
8. Stay Loyal to Your Commitments
9. God Uses Little Things For Great Things
10. God is Both a Redeemer and has Given us a Redeemer
11. Just Do It
12. Decisions Made Today, Can Impact Generations
This is another great woman in the Bible that I just love to read about and study. Such a beautiful example grace and love that we could all learn from. To read the full post, including her story and the lessons we can learn from her, click continue reading.
We’ve just shared the lives and lessons of eight incredible women of the Bible, but there are dozens more. Which of the women in the Bible do you most closely resonate with?
Is it Ruth and her unwavering commitment? Martha and her long to-do list? Elizabeth and her faith in God?
Tell me in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you.
Women of the Bible Study Resources
For women of the Bible devotions or further women of the Bible study, consider these recommended resources:
Women of the Bible Devotional
Have you read a great fiction or non-fiction book about women of the Bible? I’m always on the hunt for great Bible-based reading.
Because He Lives,
Sunday 26th of February 2023
I was asked last minute to teach Sunday School for a teacher who woke up sick. Esther has always been one of my favorites. This was perfect for me!! Thank you so much.
Thursday 2nd of March 2023
You are so very welcome! I'm glad it was a blessing. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!
Wednesday 20th of November 2019
With its bullet points, this post is a great resource! Thanks! I love reading about God's biblical women!
Wednesday 20th of November 2019
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. I, too, love reading about the women of the Bible and all that we can learn from them. Thanks for stopping by!