My Story, Susan J Nelson
I’m Sue Nelson. Christian blogger, author and speaker.
I was raised in a Catholic home, but often struggled with what I was taught. When my mother became ill, I began to seek. I thought that maybe a different denomination would make more sense to me.
At 31, I gave my life to Christ. You can read my testimony on this page.
As I grow closer to God and read about the Proverbs 31 woman, I felt drawn to reaching that ideal the best I could. For me, for God and for my family.
The more I studied the Word, I started to see how I could practically apply the values of that Proverbs 31 woman in my life today.
Not long ago. one of our Pastors shared with me that my husband was telling him about my work with Christian women. He told our pastor that not only do I teach Proverbs 31, I live it. I melted into a puddle and praised God.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” – Proverbs 31:28-29
I homeschooled my children (now all grown!) and found a wonderful Bible teaching church. I not only attended Bible study but studied on my own.
While I’ve never attended seminary, I am thirsty for the Word of God. I have attended courses, completed various studies under many different teachers and spend regular time studying new methods for Bible study.
As I studied, I developed methods and learned things that I felt would bless others, too. I turned these into my current books and courses and share tons of great posts and Bible reading plans on my site to help others strengthen their relationship with our Heavenly Father.
I want that for you, too, dear sister.
About Me and My Ministries
I am the author of several books on marriage, living as a Proverbs 31 woman and verse mapping.
I have spoken all over the US at women’s conferences and retreats.
I have created various Bible Studies that you can find here on the site, to help women to grow in their walk with the Lord.
I’m just like you. A Christian woman, with God at the center of her marriage who has a hunger for God and His Word.
I support many different ministries through Woman of Noble Character including providing Bibles for those in need, scholarships for attending in-depth Christian retreats, food pantries, clothing ministries and more.
More Fun Facts About Me
Fun (or quirky), you pick!
• I am addicted to coffee and drink 2-3 pots of black coffee each day
• I live in Western Missouri – not too far from Kansas City, but, yet, in the country
• I currently am fighting colon cancer through surgery and chemo and hope that soon, I can change this line to read “I’m a colon cancer survivor”
• I hate sauces and gravies with few exceptions
• I was adopted as an infant to an incredible family who raised me in a home of love
• I have a bad habit of rescuing animals
• I’m creative by nature and hand craft all of my own greeting cards (as well as create many other forms of art for our home and as gifts)
• I’m a sports fanatic and play fantasy football and baseball competitively
• I only drink seltzer, water and coffee
• I love reality TV (don’t judge ☺ )
• I’m still sort of a newlywed. I married my hottie husband at age 49
• Together, we have four grown children and five grandbabies
There you go! More than you ever wanted to know about me! 😊
I pray that you find Woman of Noble Character to be a resource for you as you strengthen your walk with Our Creator through Bible study, Bible journaling and other forms of creative worship.
If you have a burning question on something that you’d like to know about me, feel free to shoot me an email at: email@example.com